Three on Thursday, Week 7: Painting

I picked up a good deal online for some time at a local ceramics studio. Soren and I did this about a year ago in Corvallis and had a great time. We did this time too. He chose a turtle with a secret hiding spot under the shell. Still no word on what he is so eager to hide in there.

Picking the brushes.

 ceramic painting 004

And then the painting begins...

ceramic painting 007

...paying special attention to those small details.

ceramic painting 013

We pick up the finished, fired, work this weekend!

(Photography note: sometimes I swear I'm just going back to auto white balance. Yes, I know I could shoot raw and edit it, but that just isn't going to happen. I'm trying to simplify my photography process, edit less, in order to just take more photos! This studio was a nightmare though - lightbulbs in the back, and natural light in the front of the store. So, that first photo is just wrong. Cute, but wrong. :-))

3 comments:

  1. This makes me excited to use our online deal, too! Looks like lots of fun.

    I didn't even notice the white balance issue with the first hoot until you said something. I'm sure you're your own biggest critic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go to one of those ceramics places! Looks fun.

    White balance stinks. Why can't all pictures come out the way our eyes see things? But your first one is not that bad. I usually end up with blue pictures because I left my balance set to incandescent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, white balance sucks rocks! (WTH is white balance?)

    It's so fun to see what our children deem as "treasures" and hide in things like ceramic turtle shells. Just hope it doesn't end up stinking!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.