Expensive

Last weekend as Soren and I were out running errands we passed a homeless man at an intersection. He was holding a sign asking for money. Of couse Soren asked me what he was doing. I explained that the man was didn't have a house to live in and that he wanted some money so that he could get some food.

"Why doesn't he have any money, mom?" Soren asked.

I explained that there are many reasons people might not have money - maybe they didn't have a job, maybe they were sick and couldn't work and so didn't get any money, maybe they spent too much money..."

That seemed to satisfy him and so on we went with our errands.

While we were at WalMart I commented that the organic milk was awfully expensive (more expensive than Safeway or the local health food store - what's up with that, WalMart?) Soren didn't say anything (mostly because he was busy eating the entire container of cherry tomatoes I'd put in the cart.)

As we were in the check out line I reached into the cart to pull out the milk. Soren looked at in horror...

"Mom, don't buy that organic milk!"

Me: "Why not, sweetie?"

Soren: "It is too expensive. We'll run out of money!"

Life is so complicated isn't it? So much for little guys to learn.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.