Fun With Flare

As most of you know, I took a photography class earlier this year. One of the concepts we learned about was lens flare.

266 copy

Lens flare is what happens when you shoot directly into the sun. Quite often it can be a disaster, but it can occasionally turn out kind of interesting.

310 copy

I played around with it in the back yard the other day when I had a suitably distracted (i.e., patient) subject.

273 copy

What do you think? Kind of fun. Feels like summer. People who really know how to do this can do a great job getting the subject brighter and more distinguishable. I guess I'll keep working on that.

3 comments:

  1. Are you KIDDING! I love them. I bet you knew that:-) They are so fantastic. Really artistic. I always have mixed reviews. People who look at photography sites and know it like we do love them. People like my husband and old school photographers(that were trainted to avoid it) shrug and try to be nice. I see art at it's finest!!!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a water proof camera. I would have been afraid to be near a child with a hose. The pictures are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to be a major fan of flare (and bokeh too to be fair). Every now and then...by pure luck I get a cool flare shot...but most of the time when it happens in my photos it mostly is a distraction.

    I think your shots look really cool...adds a little extra something in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.