Update on The Hair

Well, as I mentioned recently, Soren suddenly became terrified of having his hair washed. The other night I decided that no matter what, it was going to get done.


So, I braced myself with a steely reserve and we got into the shower together. We played around for a little while and then I handed him a washcloth and told him to hold it tightly over his eyes. And you know what? He did!

I scrubbed his hair and used my handy specialty rinse thingy. No muss, no fuss. And suddenly his locks were clean and fresh again!

After we finished I complimented him on what a great job he had done. He was totally nonplussed, "Yeah, dad does that to me sometimes. Now I don't smell like a chicken."

I did burst out laughing at the chicken observation. But I don't know where he got the idea that he does this with Peter all the time, because I have it from a pretty reliable source that that is not the case. Oh well, no more need for dreadlock instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! He said he smelled like chicken! That is a classic. Why was he so petrified of washing his hair? Did he get soap in his eyes? I love the smell of my kids with clean hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hysterical Amy!!! What is it with this age and afraid of getting their hair washed? Mol does the same thing - she puts her face into a towel while I rinse the shampoo out and screams the entire time and then she's so proud after we blow it dry! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.