Eric's Summit Descent: Messages, Photos + Video: Camp 4 to Camp 3

We had to get out of camp 4. It's hellish and the windstorm started again. Now in a terrible storm at camp 3 but better here than there. I'm pretty physically spent. Solid on oxygen through the night with a Porter who never said a word. No way to get through the ice falls in this. Not that I have the energy anyway!


I  have food for a day or two. And Sherpa here who have fuel and other supplies. Slept like a rock through the night. It was more of a coma.

Just need some rest so I can get through the falls. Made a few bad errors yesterday coming to camp 3 due to exhaustion. Lost my glove and fell asleep in the snow outside camp. They came and brought me hot water and got me in a tent. I had run out of oxygen just before camp and suddenly could not breathe or think. Just tired. Much better today.


I hear helicopters in the valley around camp 2. Saw a climber being dragged down Everest on a foam mat. Looked serious. Can't imagine being pulled down that mountain like that. It's long, steep and very rough. I saw a body the day before being prepared at camp 4 and another above camp 2. But the guy on the foam mat was still alive. Moaning and slowly moving his arm.

Headed for camp 2 later today when the winds decrease accompanied by my guardian angel Ang Dowa. If possible, and with sleep, will descend to base camp the day after. I'll catch a helicopter to Lukla and plane to Kathmandu as soon as weather permits.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.