Haulin' My Aspen

Contrary to all perceptions you may have of me as a rational, reasonable person, I'm training for another marathon. I'm hoping to do the Royal Victoria Marathon, in Victoria BC in October.

haulin aspen 241

So I've been running a lot.

haulin aspen 270

I'm actually enjoying it, or I was. Now I'm starting to get to the high mileage days. Those are just hard. No way around it, they are just hard.

haulin aspen 252

Last year I trained all summer and then ran the Portland Marathon. And while that was sooo utterly rewarding, I thought I should take advantage of all this training and run more than just one event.

haulin aspen 271

So when I came across the Haulin' Aspen Half-marathon trail run, I couldn't resist. If I'm going to be running those distances in training anyway, I may as well get a t-shirt out of the deal, right?

haulin aspen 287

And what a blast! Rumor has it that real trail runners have special trail running shoes. Whatever. I just used my regular running shoes which ended up a bit worse for wear in all the dust.

haulin aspen 291

And while the running was great, I do have to say that arriving at the end to see my fan club was the best part.

haulin aspen 294

I really do have the best fans.

haulin aspen 299

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome!! That sounds like a great run. Keep it up! The marathon training (especially the long runs) the second time around is crappier. But it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are a maniac! I can't believe you can do this...I'm totally in awe! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.