Sitting With Scissors

Ah yes, the truth comes out about how we pass our time in our household. Next weeekend: juggling chainsaws.



Lessons learned:
1. A child-safe scissors is on the list of things to pick up ASAP.
2. Things look more dangerous on video than they do in real life. I swear, when we were doing this it seemed harmless. But when I watch the video I'm like "er, who let's a 2 year old play around with a sharp and pointy scissors?!"
3. Activities seem fine while you are doing them, but when you picture them as a newspaper headline you rethink it. Child, 2, Runs Amok with Scissors as Mother Watches
4. Maybe it is time to put another log on the woodstove when my son needs to wear a fleece hat inside the house!

(Note for those of you on dial up or otherwise unable to see the video - don't worry, nothing bad actually happened!)

4 comments:

  1. That's a great video Amy. I love the hat and watching try and maneuver those seemingly very sharp scissors. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hard to watch! I kept thinking, "Oh! There goes his finger prints!" Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I found this fascinating! To just watch him and to see his little brain working so hard and trying to figure out how to get those pieces cut. And I think it is a universal rule that when kids first learn to cut, they make that initial cut and then rip the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...I'm laughing out loud at your lessons learned. You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.