Three on Thursday, Week 2: Vikings, Spas and a Good Night's Rest

The library's discovery room, where they feature hands-on learning experiences for kids, is currently titled "Nordic Experience." Thanks to his Nordic ancesters (including Magnus the Blind) Soren had no difficulty jumping right in.

january 022

We had our own little "spa night" last weekend. Santa brought me some facial masks in my stocking this year, and Soren has been asking about them since then. One of them was the simple peel-off mask, so I thought it would be perfect for him. It was.

january 007

Peter and I have a cozy new electric blanket, so Soren and I have been doing our bedtime reading there which often results in someone getting to fall asleep there too. This picture makes me smile not only because of the sweetness of a sleeping child, but also because it shows the continual state of my nightstand - especially now that it is piled with my and his books.

january 005

6 comments:

  1. Way to keep up your resolution for two weeks! You're awesome! :)

    I love the facial picture. I'm sure it will come back to haunt him in his older, more macho days, but for now I think it's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I used to love peel-off masks. Haven't done one in awhile, but I may have to pick some up!

    I'm so impressed that you are related to Nordic royalty!! Although Magnus could have had a better moniker... "the blind??" doesn't inspire the kind of image usually associated with vikings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps being blind made him some sort of prophet or seer or something. That's cool, right? Or maybe he was blinded doing something heroic. Or maybe it was cataracts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeping boy pic is so cute! And look at me! Commenting on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the sleeping picture! And the total concentration on his face peeling the mask of cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally loving the peel off mask! My kids would think that was amazing too! And really the is just something about pics of sleeping kids... I need to remember to get more of those shots!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.