Pluggin' Away

In the quest to turn bleachers into floors, after removing the gum and profanity, milling in the tongue and groove, laying the planks, gluing and nailing them down, you then have to plug all the holes where the nails went in. Ah, the plugs.

Peter is a hard worker. But I think the plugs nearily did him in. Of course he could have just purchased heart pine plugs. But he wanted to go that extra step to be sure that they matched our wood exactly. So he bought a plug cutter and cut his own plugs. Thousands upon thousands of plugs.

He wore out one plug cutter and had to buy another. Then he took them both in to be sharpened and wore them both out again. But in the end he cut enough plugs. And then it was just a matter of plugging each and every hole...

october 071 copy

He did have an able assistant for that part though.

october 076 copy

(Well, an assistant who was willing to help for about as long as I took photos.)

october 081 copy

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I would have gone crazy. That floor has a lotta love. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I'm going to declare your floors an absolute amazing success if these shots are any indication. I think they look outstanding...I mean really really cool and they aren't even done yet!

    Way to go you guys...it's been quite the process (plugs aside...who even knew there was a such thing as a plug cutter...not I) but it looks as though it has totally paid off. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.