Getting the Shot

You may have noticed that I take a lot of pictures of one particular subject. A lot of pictures. I love this little guy so much that I want to capture and document each and every special moment that we have. I'm so grateful for the photography class that I took earlier this year, because it has helped me get a little bit closer to showing the little wonder that I see every time I look at my sweet boy.

Snapping photos isn't without its frustrations though. Did you notice that we have no photos to accompany the alligator nuggets post? Well, I do have pictures of that moment. Just not any that are clear or coherent in anyway. Sigh. But still I keep snapping in hopes that the next time we're in a situation like that (horrible lighting, awkward seating...) I'll be able to get the shot.

Sometimes though it does all come together. And the resulting images just make me smile from ear to ear. Somehow capturing a little snippet of Soren-ness makes all the previous fuzzy, badly composed, disastrous shots worth it.

This weekend we went to a pumpkin patch (more on that tomorrow) and I managed to get not one, but two, of the kinds of shots that I'm talking about. (Note though that I took about 230 shots to get these.)

My sweet, sweet beloved boy.


pumpkin patch 125B

pumpkin patch 133B

6 comments:

  1. You mean all of your shots don't turn out perfect? These shots are awesome! That's a pretty intense tractor-driver face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!These shots make me totally wish I was you. Amy, print these...print them BIG and print them soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Soren looks so old, like 13 in that tractor pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect shots. I'm envious....AGAIN....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are so great! We too went to the pumpkin patch and I just gave up after awhile. Got to frustrated. One day I hope to be as good as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic shots Amy! I'm finally catching up on some long-overdue blog reading and have enjoyed all of your posts. Of course your photography is amazing, but I also love hearing about your family adventures, and your witty thoughts!

    And by the way a huge congrats for completing your first marathon! Your coolness just jumped to an all new level. :)

    -Libby

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.