The State Fair

I love the fair. Well, it is probably obvious to all who read this blog that I love festivals, carnivals, street fairs...any excuse for a fun family outing!

The Oregon State Fair is no exception. Love it. So we filled our pockets with cash and headed out...

Soren saw that you could stand in line to get your picture taken with these huge "plumped" chickens and insisted that he had to get on the action. Check out the little poser:

107a copy

Yes, this is the same child who runs from me when he sees me aiming a camera his direction. Perhaps I should have plumped up chickens with me at all times?

After we left there he said "Mom, wasn't I brave?" I admit that those chickens were a bit creepy but I didn't realize he'd had to bolster his resolve to bear the experience!

At the fair, Soren is all about the rides. The canoe ride is one of his favorites:

031a copy

Is this the look of happiness, or what?

035a copy

Interestingly, he was all about riding rides with other children this year. He'd make friends in the line or just go jump in a helicopter to share a ride with another child.

102a copy

But, he wasn't the only child working his social magic in the lines...

044a copy

Check out this sweet little beauty who wanted to ride on the back of Soren's motorcycle with him!

051a copy

The animals at the fair are always a treat.

080a copy

But, in addition to rides and animals, who can forget the limitless selection of unhealthy, expensive and oh so tasty fair food!

Like fresh squeezed lemonade:

065a copy

Corn dogs...

070a copy

...which are definitely a Soren favorite.

073a copy

This year though I made it my special mission to find something that I'd heard about years ago from my friend Arin. This was our year to find the fabled deep fried Snickers!

085a copy

I was a bit surprised though when they handed me what I thought had to be yet another corn dog. But, nope, there was a mass of melty chocolate, peanuts, and nougat in that fried bundle.

093a copy

Sadly, I don't think we even finished it. It was pretty goopy. And Soren, who just thought it was another corn dog didn't even try it! He just held it up so I could get a picture. Next year I think we'll go for the Fried Twinkie!

Better check the newspaper to see what festivals we can find next!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture in the canoe...amazing! I recommend tho Oreos...yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya think you're either a fair lover or a fair hater? There seems to be no middle ground on the fair thing!

    I personally love the fair...the rides, the animals, the scary plump chickens....and especially the food...my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures (except for the fried snickers that is...wink wink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried twinkies are so sweet and gooey....two bites though and I had had my sugar fix

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.