Who Knew? Idaho Is Cool!

Finding absolutely no Idaho guidebooks at the libary last week didn't exactly bode well for the potential excitement of a trip to Idaho. We've traveled across northern Idaho and have been impressed with the extreme beauty up there, but we really haven't explored the south.

So, after a bit of online research we decided to base ourselves in Twin Falls for a few nights in order to check out the place a little and keep ourselves from just zipping through the state.

We rented a cute little cabin:

vacation 183ed

And spent the day out exploring. Of course, we started with a quick stop at the Tourist Info place to be sure we didn't miss anything.

vacation 093ed

The tourist office is right next to the amazing Perrine Bridge which is some really amazing number of feet tall, and from which people actually jump with parachutes on their back! (If you look closely in this picture you can see two parachutes on the way down.)

vacation 064ed

We watched them for awhile.

vacation 033ed

And then did what all tourists do - took pictures of ourselves in front of said interesting site!

vacation 044ed

It really was spectacular.

vacation 087ed

Next we visited Shoshone Falls which beats Niagra Falls on some sort of record (can you see that I'm not the one quizzing tour guides for more details?)

vacation 115ed

They were impressive!

vacation 121ed

vacation 107ed

Soren and Peter learned a lot about the facts and history of the falls while I took pictures of them learning about those facts and history.

vacation 142ed

The last stop of the day was a local lake for a bit of swimming and digging.

vacation 163ed

Soren made friends and was thrilled to be able to play with a Bluegill. I can't promise that the Bluegill was quite as thrilled, but he did get to go back into the water regularly.

vacation 180ed

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I grew up 22 miles from twin. You will probably drive right by the house I lived at from the time I was born until third grade. It is right off the interstate just out of Burley/Heyburn. The area was called Hazelton. Super fun seeing pictures that bring me back to my past:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove past TF twice in the last week...had no idea what I was missing! I just remember going there as a child and hearing my dad talk about Evil Knievel. They also had an excellent McDonald's and Motel 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just mention *once again* that I want to go on vacation with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew Twin Falls could look so fun! I'll have to stop there sometime while I'm whizzing past at 80mph.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.