For the Love of a Pet

Soren wants a pet. He really, really wants a pet. I suppose I should rejoice that he's stopped asking for a brother. But I guess since there is the possibility that we'd even entertain the pet idea, I find myself thinking about it a lot.

A dog? Not yet. We're gone too much. They're a lot of work (another reason he's not getting a brother.)

Cat? Peter's allergic and we're not just in-the-house pet kind of people

A guinea pig/gerbil/hamster? Cute. Soft. But stinky.

How about a fish? Hm, possibilities...

Hermit crab? Well, maybe...

In the meantime we picked up a bug cage. And within a few hours of having the bug cage here it became the residence of a lovely moth:

Pet Moth

Said moth has been "sleeping" for two days though. So I expect that the pet question is going to come up again very soon.

3 comments:

  1. I really don't even want to think about how we will deal with LM someday regarding this question. I don't like pets. A sleeping moth is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor moth. Has Soren ever considered a sister? There's a middle child at our house that he could adopt. She really wants a brother. Just make sure she doesn't sleep for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for FISH. Get one of those fighting fish, they are really hard to make "sleep" even if you forget to feed them for a day or two (believe me, I know).

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.