Go Fish

Tonight I taught Soren how to play Go Fish. Well, that is the 3-year-old version of Go Fish where both of us keep all our cards laying exposed on the table. It makes guessing which cards to ask for just a little bit easier!

I fear that this weekend I'm going to need to teach him Rummy, Monopoly, and Poker, because there's another storm warning.

I did manage to get out to go to work yesterday and today, but today I only made it out because Peter put chains on my car. Once I left the neighborhood, I took them off and zipped down the highway. On my way home tonight, I thought I was all set. In the town to the south of us the highway wasn't just clear, it was actually dry. All was well and good until I got back to our hill. I swear it is the only place in a 40 mile radius that still has thick snow and ice. I dropped it in low, and tried to zip up the hill. But it didn't work. I made it up a 1/4 of the way and then started sliding backwards. Sheesh. I slid about 40 feet and then managed to get the car to the side of the road where I got enough traction from the gravel to come to a stop. A kind neighbor came out and helped me get the chains back on so that I could scoot up the hill the rest of the way.

I want to get out! I have Christmas shopping to finish! But, alas, it looks like it is going to be another few days of homebound fun. I think I'm playing Go Fish with the universe.

Me: Do you have nice clear roads for me to drive on today?
Universe: Go Fish!
Me: Do you have an enormous studded-tire SUV that I can drive for the next few days?
Universe: Go Fish!
Me: Do you at least have enough chocolate chips on hand that I can bake myself into obvlivion while we're trapped here?
Universe: Go Fish!

Do you think it would be too impulsive to buy myself a Subaru with studded tires online and ask that it be delivered in the morning?

3 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to stop fishing for a bit today and finish all of your Christmas preparations. (And no, I don't think any of your requests were too outrageous...being snow and housebound for a few days can make anyone start thinking funny thoughts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a normal deck of Go Fish. Everywhere I look its a crazy deck with weird fish on it. Where did you get yours? I'd be crazy stuck in the house that long. We've been in the house all day and I'm ready to lose my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Go Fish" with Jameson too...he's getting to the point now where he can kind of hold and organize his own cards.

    I say yes to the Subaru...maybe you should write Santa a last minute letter!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.