Snake in the House!

At risk of the possibility that this may reflect poorly upon my housekeeping abilities, let me tell you about our adventures today. I made it a goal to freshen and tidy up our guest rooms. Just a bit of dusting and re-making beds. Imagine my surprise though when I went into one of the guest rooms and noticed something suspicious on the floor...I went in for a better look and much to my horror it slithered into the corner.
I did what any reasonable housewife would do...I ran just as fast as I could hollering for Peter to come quickly. "There's a snake in the house! There's a snake in the house!" And he did what any reasonable husband would do. He came and rescued his family from the imminent danger.
I realize there may be those of you out there who will point out that this must be the smallest snake known to man. I'll just tell you right now, I'm not listening to that nonsense. There was a SNAKE slithering in my guest room today, and in my mind Peter retains his well earned role as master and protector of our clan after his incredible heroics today.

Soren thought the whole thing was fabulous. He was actually petting the snake. He kept talking really gently to it and talking about how much the snake liked him and how he kept sticking his tongue out. Definitely his father's son.

I do still have one really teeny tiny concern. This looks like a baby snake, right? Don't baby snakes usually come in a bunch? Ok, I'm going to stop thinking about that now. And check my sheets very well before I climb in tonight.

p.s. One more thing...Soren is indeed dressed up like a bumble bee in these photos. It is pretty much Halloween in our house whenever we want it to be.

2 comments:

  1. Not only was I laughing out loud about the snake, I was relieved to see that we aren't the only house that has small children in costume any time of the year (not just for Halloween.)

    Have any other snake family members made a surprise appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you found a snake in your house...I would have done the exact same thing you did...fun screaming for Bub. Sadly, I'm afraid my hubby would scream even louder than me!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.