Day Out With Thomas

What a spectacular weekend! We've been building up Soren's anticipation for weeks...and the big event finally arrived: Thomas the Tank Engine came to Oregon! We went to the it last summer and had so much fun that we actually built an entire holiday weekend around it this year. We planned a weekend with our friends Mike and Tammy and their 6 year old son Colby to ride on Thomas, but also to stay in a hotel there for the weekend so we could go back again and again to play with all the fun train stuff at the event. (I guess I can't rest on my mommy-of-the-year laurels for those front row Wiggles tickets forever, ya know?)

Unfortunately, would you believe that the night before we were supposed to leave Soren came down with croup?! In the summer! Oy. We considered cancelling everything, but after a few hours at Urgent Care we had the requisite meds and Soren was feeling chipper, so we headed up for the day. He really feels great and engergetic during the day - the cough just seems to be a problem when he goes to bed at night.

So, off we went. And what a great day it was. Seriously, I don't think there is anything in the world that Soren would like more than a day all about trains. But would you believe that I forgot my camera?! The funny thing is that I forgot it last year too. Fortunately, I had my camera phone, so at least we did grab a few shots.

Hurrah! Here comes Thomas!!
Riding Thomas was tons of fun, but....
Would you believe that Soren's absolutely favorite part of the whole day was playing with the train tracks they had set up?
I mean, it isn't like we don't have enough trains and track all over our house, right? Other than riding on Thomas, I couldn't drag him away from the tracks to do any of the other things...like ride the mini train, go to the petting zoo...he just played with the tracks until we dragged him away (covered in dust from crawling all over the train tables) at the very end of the day when the people insisted that they had to close. I guess that is a sign of a great day.Here's one more sign that he had a big, full day:

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when they conk after a long day? And your phone camera is about as good as my regular camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that typical 3-year-old behavior, only wanting to play with the tracks? :) And I agree, amazing pics from a camera phone!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.