Busted?

Two funny Soren stories.

1) While we were on vacation we stopped at a restaurant. We went in to order and then while we waited for the food to come, Soren and I went out to run around in the grassy field next to the restaurant. When we came back in we were enjoying our dinner...

Soren: Mom, why were you frustrated?
Me: What do you mean? When was I frustrated?
Soren: You were frustrated. You said that it was about Dad.

Peter gave me a funny look. Like, uh, why are you frustrated with me and what in the world are you doing talking to Soren about it! But I was completely blameless! I'm not sure why he said it, I think it may have been possible for me to have talked about Dad being frustrated with moles when Soren and I found some mole holes out in the grassy field? So maybe that is why he put the story together like that?

2) The second story strikes me as one that will come back to bite us later. We were driving along in the car. Soren in back reading. Peter and I chatting happily in front. Suddenly Soren shouts out "stop arguing!" Peter and I just looked at each other, not only were we not "arguing" but we weren't even disagreeing on anything. But as blameless as we are, I am preparing myself for the time that Soren tells someone about going on vacation and his mom and dad arguing in the car the whole time!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!!! The other day Gerard and I were having a playful argument/discussion the other day in the kitchen. Lorelei walked in with a notebook and a pen and said "I am making a list of all the rude things you are saying." Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh. Time for family counseling. Be careful when you really ARE frustrated with Peter. Don't tell Soren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the way they interpret stuff? It is amazing what they can pick up on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny...Jameson will say stuff like that too...like "Mom don't yell at Dad"...and I'm really not yelling???? Kind of funny how they interpret things...makes me realize how sensitive they are!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.