Soren's First Snowman

Perhaps I should explain.

Last week we had an unusually large amount of snow here in Oregon. Enough to force schools to close and drivers to panic. It was really beautiful (the snow, not the panicked drivers). On the day with the most snowfall I drove to work only to find that two miles from our house it was totally raining. So I called Peter and told him hurry outside so that Soren had a chance to build a snowman before all the snow vanished. They did. In fact they made a huge, lovely, traditional snowman. I even got to see it when I came home from work.

Unfortunately, we didn't think to get the camera out until after four 40-degree, rainy days had passed. Oh well, better late than never, right? You can see how our grass has turned back into the lush green that we expect all winter here.

By the way, Soren named his snowman Frosty the Snowman.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised Soren is smiling. My kids first snowman funeral would be a sad affair. He's got a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolute riot amy! Perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.