My Little Shopping Buddy

Peter is out of town this weekend. He's on a 3-day meditation retreat. Since he's getting all calm and non-material Soren and I are balancing out the karma of the universe and shopping like crazy. Yesterday morning we did our usual Saturday morning routine - swimming, library story time and Starbucks. Then after our nap time we hit the stores. I finally started looking for lights to replace the broken bronze-y sconce lights in our living room (I think I found some, I have them home on demo to see if Peter agrees). And then we went shopping for carpet. That is probably still a fantasy at this point since the cost of recarpeting a 3,200 square foot house mostly sent me into shock. But still we have some samples with which I can feed my fantasy.

Today we went to Gap (bought Peter a birthday present - can't believe he's out of town today, his birthday!), Banana Republic (I guess we could pretend it is my birthday too), and then the John Deere store to get Soren a lunch box for his weekly toddler time class (Sorry Grandpa P. I don't know where to find a Kubota store). Isn't it cute (even though it is only a camera phone photo)?

Then just a little more carpet shopping. Shew, I'm exhausted. After our naps this afternoon, we're going to make Peter a birthday cake.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.