Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was terrific. We had Peter's parents, brother, nieces and sister plus my mom and sister all over for the big day. Soren doesn't see his 4-year old cousin Hailey very often. And he has another friend named Bailey. So he kept calling Hailey "Bailey". She was not very happy with that situation.

When we were saying the prayer before our scrumptious feast, Soren got a chance to do his normal prayer which as I've mentioned here before is simply a litany of all he's thankful for. Here's how it went this time:

Soren: Thank you for our food. Thank you for Grandma. Thank you for potatoes. Thank you for Bailey...
Meanwhile at the other end of the table you can hear "He called me Bailey again! My name is not Bailey."
Uncle Garth (whispering): Shhhhh, it is ok, don't worry about it.
Soren: Thank you for Grandpa. Thank you for milk...
Hailey: But I don't like it when he calls me Bailey! I am not Bailey!
Uncle Garth (whispering): Shhhhh...
Soren: Thank you for family. Amen.

But the most hilarious part is that later that night we heard Hailey reprimanding Soren. She said "Carson, my name is not Bailey!" Yep, that's right, she kept calling him Carson. Perhaps these kids need to get together more often?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.