Christmas Traditions

I think I've mentioned before here that we've been working on coming up with some meaningful Christmas traditions. Peter and I actually disagree a bit on how traditions happen. He says that they sort of evolve over time, which I suppose is true. But the planner in me isn't really content just seeing what sorts of Christmas traditions develop in our house. So I've come up with a list of traditions that we're trying out. I've been working on this list pretty much since Soren was born, but now that he's really getting into the whole idea of Christmas it seems more important.

One of the traditions we're trying is building up Jesus' bed. I pulled the straw out of the manger and from now until Christmas Soren gets a small piece of yarn everytime he is helpful, kind or does something nice.

Here is Jesus' manger today:

IMG_0687

I'll keep you updated throughout the month on how comfortable Baby Jesus is!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, that is the best idea about building up Jesus' bed! I'm going to do that one!

    About traditions: They evolve over time BUT, you need to plan every year to keep them up. At least that's what I've found to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the tradition thing. I always hear about every one else's cool traditions and feel like I family is so lacking. So I think you are right in that you have to plan them. At least we are trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "traditions we're trying out". We all need more traditions and if they have to be orchestrated, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are always trying out new traditions. I have to admit, I'm with Peter on this one. Bill is definitely more of the tradition planner. He is always suggesting different things we can make a tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.