A funny ER story (is there such a thing?)

So, here is the scene: 4 a.m. Sunday morning. Peter and I have been up with Soren since midnight debating whether we need to call the doctor. As you know, we finally did call and they told us to take him in. So....as soon as I hear Peter say "ok, we're on our way" I ran to our room, grabbed the jeans that I'd worn that day off the floor, slipped them on and ran out to get Soren in the carseat. Peter and both jump in the front, and as Peter is backing out of the garage, I feel something BITE ME ON THE BACK OF THE LEG!!!

I shrieked and grabbed that area of my pants so that I trapped whatever critter was in there. I jumped out of the car yelling for Peter to help me. He runs over, holds the bunched up area of the pants as I wiggle out of them (are you picturing this frantic half-naked woman removing her jeans in the garage at 4 am?) I ran inside, put on another pair of pants and jumped back in the car. By this time, I'm aware that it was a pretty significant bite, because it is throbbing and burning. And remember, this is all about going to the emergency room because we are worried about our sick little boy!

So, as we are backing out of the driveway I asked Peter if he saw what was in my pants. His answer "uh, we'll talk about it later." Well, that isn't a good sign! So, as we're driving and have assessed that Soren is getting better with all the windows open, Peter says "you had a wasp in your pants." A wasp!

Ok, this is where I start thinking that this is just a bad karma weekend for us! How bad can it get?! A wasp - in February, in the house, and climbing in my pants as I'm trying to rush to the ER??? How bizarre. Fortunately, I'm not allergic - can you imagine if both Soren and I needed to see the ER doctor?! Anyway, I have a big red welt still, it itches quite a bit sometimes, but other than that it is fine.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.