Traumatized by Santa Claus!

We were at the mall early on Saturday and Santa was just getting set up. Soren and I were standing to the side and I was telling him about Santa. He was totally ok with it and pretty interested. Then Santa turned around and saw Soren and said something totally inocuous like "good morning little boy". Soren totally freaked! He jumped like he'd received a jolt of electrity, his arms flew up in the air and he took off running! Of course, since he was so frantic he crashed to the ground and just lay there bawling. I picked him up and tried to calm him down. Poor Santa felt terrible, but who could have seen that coming? The best part was that Santa tried to make it up to Soren by giving him a sheet of stickers. Soren was still sniffling, but he took the stickers and said "Thank you Santa Claus" (even without my prompting him!)

When I was setting up the Christmas decorations at home, Soren wouldn't even touch the Santa Claus decorations. I don't think we'll be getting his picture taken with Santa this year!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.