Wings of Wonder

Soren and I were looking for a little outing yesterday. He suggested Wings of Wonder, the local butterfly sanctuary. When I looked it up online, I was sad to note that it will be closing permanently next weekend. That confirmed our desire to head out immediately.

June 032

It is about 95 degrees in the enclosed butterfly garden. This feels great for about a minute, and then sweltering for the remaining time. But Soren was utterly undaunted. We stayed in the gardens for far longer than any of the other visitors.

June 039

So many spectacular colors.

June 031

So many lovely creatures.

June 029

Beautiful.

June 043

This last photo makes me smile. Soren snapped it. No photo editting done by me. I changed the camera to auto mode, but somehow he still ended up with this colorized looking image of a butterfly that had attached itself to the leg of a very, very old woman.

June 050

1 comment:

  1. what? so sad this place is closing! do you know what they're doing with their reptiles and butterflies?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.