Three on Thursday, Week 3: Meet Dave.

Grandpa's are the best. Soren has been begging...pleading...for a pet. Our previous Beta stories (here, for example) didn't end particularly well. And since then, Soren has asked for a new pet. He's tried finding them in the yard (snakes and baby birds) but those eventually need to be freed. And he ends up, once again, petless.

This year, Grandpa U., in his extraordinarily generous and just the tiniest bit conniving way, came up with a plan to rescue our boy from his petless existence. Money! For Christmas, Soren got a check. To buy a dog. Oy.

It certainly brought about some interesting conversations in our house - Peter and I privately (and with every other adult that we know!) discussed this one before telling Soren of the bounty. But the end result is that we just aren't ready for that kind of pet commitment. There are so many awesome things about dogs, but well, there are also many not awesome things.

But, Grandpa did spark the idea that maybe we could graduate from fish. So, meet Dave (can you guess what Soren's Grandpa's first name is?)

dave 014

She's a teddy bear hamster. And as cute as can be.

dave 006

Soren adores her.

dave 004

And I have to admit, I think she's pretty darn cute myself. So much so, that even though it is Three on Thursday, I'll add a fourth image.

dave 016

Welcome to the family, Dave. And thanks, Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. I love that she's a girl named Dave. And she is pretty cute. But I'm not showing my kids your blog because I don't want them getting any ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to have a dog before you know it. So, can hamsters be left alone when you travel or how does that work?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.