Philippines Boat Trip: Our First Stop

Have I mentioned how much we loved this boat trip? It really was pure heaven. Every day we'd ride around in the boat exploring the islands or the coral reefs. Fishing, snorkeling, playing and relaxing. Amazingly, I never once picked up my book the whole time we were out there. I was just so content to just sit and look at the view. No need to transport myself somewhere else in a story, I was so happy to be here.

When we pulled up to the island where we'd be camping the first day, I thought I was going to pass out. Seriously, I had never seen such a beautiful site.

philippines 147 copy

The waters were so crystal clear, turquoise blue...

philippines 346 copy

And the white sand beaches were surrounded by specatular, jagged rocks.

philippines 347 copy

It was truly magical. We arrived in the early evening and our crew set about cooking our dinner and setting up our tent on the beach. During the day tourists come out to visit this spot, so they have small shelters set up for picnics.

philippines 189 copy

But we had the place to ourselves all night. Can you see our little tent in the background here?

philippines 181 copy

We had so much fun just playing around our tiny beach.

philippines 182 copy

philippines 192 copy

philippines 190 copy

And enjoying the incredible sunset.

philippines 145 copy

philippines 146 copy

In the evening, Peter and Soren took a flashlight and watched as the fish swarmed the lightstream.

philippines 173

And just when we thought it could not possibly get any more amazing, the fireflies came out. Can you believe it? If I read it in a book, I'd think the author got a little carried away with over-the-top details. But I saw them for myself. Even sort of managed to snap a picture of one...

philippines 170

3 comments:

  1. Holy heaven! That place looks absolutely AMAZING! No wonder you didn't do much reading. I've got to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously amazing!! I cannot believe the water. Was the water warm? Was the food good? I can't wait till you tell us more next weekend! I'm with Natalie. I need to go there someday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would have thought the Phillipines would be on my "Dream Vacation" list, but it's near the top now thanks to your photography and description!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.