We Made It!

After nearly four days of travel, we made it to our intended destination in the Philippines! Four days! Can you believe it? That kind of distance puts some serious pressure on a destination, wouldn't you say? I mean what kind of place could live up to the trials of 4 days of travel?!

Coron town, Palawan: we loved it!

Considering that a major highlight of our trip was going to be a few days of island hopping, these sights out the window of our small airplane had me beside myself with glee.See those tiny islands...

philippines phone photo (21)

Those turquoise waters...

philippines 414 copy

Those white sand beaches! That is what we came to see!

philippines 420 copy

This time I redeemed myself by the choice of hotel I'd booked. Just across the bay from the main town, there's an island with a small "resort." They picked us up at the pier with a small boat...

philippines 070 copy

And brought us to our hotel.

philippines 069 copy

...where they had fresh coconuts waiting for us.

philippines phone photo (10)

Soren's first sip of the deliciousness.

philippines phone photo (11)

Unfortunately, I missed the next shot: Soren shuddering in horror at the taste of coconut juice! But he was ready to dig in to the yummy fresh cocunut inside...

philippines 075 copy

And I missed the shot of that shudder too! I think he'll be sticking with the sweetened, packaged coconut we get at home, and leave all the fresh coconuts to Peter and me.

Once we'd enjoyed (or shuddered through) our welcome coconuts, the showed us to our charming little cabin...

philippines 396 copy

With the breathtaking view of the water...

philippines 079 copy

3 comments:

  1. So jealous... again. Seems that all your posts get me feeling covetous. So when I go to he** for one of the seven deadly sins, it will be your fault...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm speechless...I never thought I would want to go that far, but I am sold. It is amazing. I hope you have pictures of the inside of your little hut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Da plane! Da plane!" Seriously, that place IS Fantasy Island!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.