Camping at Crater Lake

Crate Lake is beautiful.

crater lake 055

Crazy beautiful, actually.

crater lake 006

While walking around it, it is easy to find yourself gasping not only at the altitude, but also at the beauty.

crater lake 007

We had a great weekend camping trip there.

crater lake 014

Hiking and climbing still in our jammies.

crater lake 043

We even took the steep trail down to the lake for the boat tour.

crater lake 063

We found friends down there willing to relieve us of our heavy snack food burdens.

crater lake 059

The lake was chilly though, so we bundled up...

crater lake 074

...while the Ranger told us all about Crater Lake.

crater lake 077

The trip back up the mountain though...wow! Most people were gasping and panting as they gained 700 ft of elevation on a 1.1 mile trail. Not Soren though.

crater lake 081

No sir, he was so distracted picking up random pieces of wood to make into boats that he didn't even notice that he was climbing up the side of a mountain!

crater lake 086

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world. I knew something was wrong when I passed you in yearly totals of blogs. Of course it was only just yesterday that I did....I knew you would be back to claim the kingdom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently discovered that I am an oxygen addict. If I get above 1000' in elevation I start jonesin' for a hit. But your pictures make it seem almost worth the while!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.