Memorial Day Weekend at the Oregon Coast, Part I

I have to admit that I've put off posting this. Nothing embarrassing or anything that I'm reluctant to admit. Quite the opposite actually. We had such a good time at the Oregon Coast Memorial Day weekend the I feel kind of overwhelmed at posting all my favorite photos. But here goes...

Memorial Day in Oregon seems to always bring rain. We didn't plan a camping trip because the odds were so high that it was going to rain. But when the time rolled around and the forecast looked sunny and warm...well, I was hankerin' for a good camping trip! And when I found a small cabin with a last minute cancelation in Waldport on the Oregon Coast available...it pretty much just felt like destiny.

Peter and I apparently have different philosophies on beach attire. Peter lets Soren play and run wild wearing whatever he showed up wearing.

Oregon coast (73)

And then when it comes time to leave and go to a restaurant he improvises. Which is why, no lie, Soren has gone out for dinner wearing only Peter's sweatshirt.

I, on the other hand, am of the mind that all awkward dressing should happen at the beach. Which is why, when I'm in charge, you'll see Soren more like this...

Oregon coast (10)

But then, I must point out, he'll be warm and dry and in his own clothes when we get to the restaurant.

Sure, I've heard rumors that someone might actually make clothes to cover small boys while they play at the beach. But we can never seem to get it together to have those clothes, the small boy, and the beach in one location at the same time.

But regardless of whose philosophy wins on a particular day, the beach is fun.

Oregon coast (74)

So much fun it makes you want to jump for joy.

Oregon coast (62)

Or try your hand (or feet) at outrunning the waves.

Oregon coast (67)

And its always fun to gather the flotsam and jetsam to carry it back to Dad who is diligently building a sandcastle with all you've found.

Oregon coast (59)

1 comment:

  1. Is he squeezing his peaches in the naked pic? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.