We Love Spring Weekends!

Last weekend Peter headed to the mountains for the last reasonable chance to ski for the season. So Soren and I did what any other people would do when faced with a weekend without super-fun Daddy: we slept in a fort!

fort and oregon gardens 004 copy

I did get told that I wasn't as good as Daddy in fort-building, which is actually very very true.

fort and oregon gardens 015 copy

The next day we went to an earth day celebration at the Oregon Gardens. Fresh compost and a magnifying glass, is there anything that could provide a greater thrill to an almost-5-year-old boy?

fort and oregon gardens 023 copy

The short answer is YES! Compost, a magnifying glass and piles of squiggly worms!

fort and oregon gardens 040 copy

In the Oregon Gardens they have a children's area where they've built a tiny hill with a small tunnel under it. The hill is just the right size for rolling...

fort and oregon gardens 060 copy

...again...

fort and oregon gardens 069 copy

...and again...

fort and oregon gardens 077 copy

...and again...

fort and oregon gardens 097 copy

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how well Daddy does his fort....but yours looked super comfortable. It looks like there is two feet of fluffy mattress under there.

    Sad we didn't see you at the Oregon Garden. We were there with bio-pest. We had a booth in the pavilion. You were one person I thought would have liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave's forts are much better than mine as well. I can live with that!

    Love the picture of the magnifying glass. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a brutal fort builder too...but I'm pretty impressed with yours! It looks a whole lot better than any I've ever done. Love the pictures...and I got a little dizzy just looking at Soren's rolling pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least you attempt the forts!! I on the other hand do very little of that. Great pictures Amy!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.