Day at the Museum(s)

I'm in Washington DC for work. Peter and Soren were scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, but - surprise, surprise - they got bumped! So they arrived on Thursday instead.

I had to work for awhile yesterday, so they headed out early to the museums. 5 hours later they were just wrapping up at the National Museum of American History! I thought Peter was the world's biggest museum fan...but it looks like Soren might challenge him for that title.

dc museums 003

When I caught up with them, Soren was pleading please, please, please can we go to more museums? So we went over to the Museum of Natural History.

dc museums 014

Which was clearly designed with small boys in mind.

dc museums 061

Where else can you pretend to stand in the belly of a great white shark?

dc museums 017

Or scare yourself silly sticking your hand in their mouth?

dc museums 034

It cracked me up when he saw a big exhibit all about life in the sea and he exclaimed, "Hurry, mom, let's go study about the oceans!"

dc museums 026

I'm quite happy that I'm a modern day SCUBA diver. Those sea creatures of yore don't look too welcoming!

dc museums 046

Soren couldn't get enough of the various dinosaur displays...

dc museums 056

...which even continued outside. It makes him feel brave to shove his arm into the mouth of a Triceratops.

dc museums 069

Our last museum of the day was the Hirshhorn sculpture museum.

dc museums 071

But I didn't get too many pictures there...because most of them would have been of Soren checking out the butt of each statue. Ah, boys.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about that being a boy thing...Ava would do the same thing! Looks like Soren had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, LM would love that! I forget all the D.C. has to offer to kids--I've been so many times I forgot that LM might enjoy going.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.