Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

A scene that seems to be repeated in our home every year.

Me, calling home to Peter: Hey, it is Valentine's Day this week. Is Soren supposed to bring Valentines to school?

Peter: Oh.... yeah.... I think I read something about that...

Me: Tomorrow is his last day of class before Valentine's Day. Does he need to have Valentines at school tomorrow?

Peter: Uh, yeah, then he probably does.

This conversation then leads to me stopping at whatever store I can get to on my way home from work, choosing some package of Valentines that Soren would have wanted to give his friends, rushing home and knowing that the chances of him writing his name 24 times and putting any personal touches on any cards is about 2.5%.

105 copy

This year though, we did make a bit of progress. He wrote his own name on two of the cards and put heart stickers on all of them.

112 copy

I have friends who have posted pictures of the Valentines that that their "child" made. LOL. Looks like I'm definitely not leading Soren in the direction of Martha Stewart craftiness, that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Make Valentines?! Whatever for? I can't be friends with people who make their own Valentines! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Kate got whatever was left at Target to give to her class. She settled with Sponge Bob. You totally nailed the valentine experience. Remember/remind the husband, get what's left, and festively try and force your kids to write their names. A tradition that is repeated at our house every february.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.