Slabulous

Soren and I went slab shopping last weekend. I must admit that bringing a 4 year old on a shopping expedition requires a bit more patience than otherwise might be required.

slab 097

Fortunately, I had done the advanced reconnaissance work a few weeks ago all alone. This trip was to finalize the details and to choose a specific slab of the rainforest green marble that I fell in love with when I was there the first time.

slab 095

They must have children visit regularly because they had enormous cookies for Soren to choose from. Either that or they keep them on hand to calm down the shoppers (um, me) who get completely overwhelmed by all the choices.

slab 094

So, this is our slab. We're mounting it on the wall behind the woodstove. Can't wait to see it here.

slab 091

And I can't wait to see if this slab always inspires such silly faces on one small boy, or if perhaps this was just a sugar high from the huge cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Soren is so funny! I LOVE THE STONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those trips to pick out granite. I wonder if we went to the same spot...they had huge giant cookies where we went too...maybe it's an industry standard? Wire the kids up right?

    Can't wait to see all your remodeling in person...it's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is soooo cool! I can't wait to see everything!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.