The Floors are Done!

Hurrah! The floors are all finished!

october 088

What do you think?

I have to admit that it took me a little while to adjust to them. I've just never seen a floor like it. And the grain is soooooo pronounced that it felt like my floors were kind of psychedelic.

october 091 copy

Fortunately, Peter has enough vision for the both of us and led me down this unchartered path.

october 117 copy

The tricky part though - why didn't I see this coming? - is that now that our floors are shiny and new, everything else looks old, damaged, and horrible in comparison. The trim, the kitchen cabinets, the lighting, the blinds, the carpet, the entry way tile, the bathroom flooring...it all needs to go! LOL. The never-ending remodel. Here we go...

october more 057 copy

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person. Way to go Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful!!! I pictured them much darker for some reason. I know what you mean about the remodel being never ending. That is my favorite part...trying to figure out what is next. I get a bathtub next...I wonder what yours will be :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "everything else looks old, damaged, and horrible in comparison" Oh yeah, everything looks really terrible-you just give up and move out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those floors look amazing! I love the grain. Congratulations on keeping your marriage alive through a major remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...they look fantastic...I mean they are really stunning. I'm so sad I won't be able to see them at book club! And I totally feel your pain in the never-ending remodel bit. It's a slippery slope...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just looks amazing!!! That husband of yours did all that??

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.