Bauman Farms

Having a pumpkin patch right in our yard means that we don't often head out to buy pumpkins from other people. But I have to admit that seeing so many friends with their awesome pictures of pumpkin patch visits made me want to check one out. Peter was slightly less enthusiastic (probably like if he was a mechanic and I wanted us to go visit Firestone...) but when we had our friends in town I convinced them to tell him that they really wanted to go! (I'm clever and conniving like that.)

pumpkin patch 017

Turns out that I was right, it was so much fun!

pumpkin patch 176

I'd heard about one particular local pumpkin patch, Bauman Farms, that everyone said was really great. It is awesome. Lots of really old-school kind of things to play with: mazes, apple slingshots, hay wagons, a straw bale castle...and the list goes on...

pumpkin patch 118

Peter and Soren had fun with the apple slingshot. Soren mostly just liked to do the countdown. Four...three...

pumpkin patch 041

Two...one...

pumpkin patch 040

And while it was indeed true that the boys asked their dads to go on the race carts...

pumpkin patch 083

I'm slightly suspicious that the aggressive driving...

pumpkin patch 085

...course barrier defying...

pumpkin patch 055

...and otherwise gung-ho antics may have been slightly influenced by the "adults" here.

They even had an old-school version of a ball pit: complete with hazelnuts!

pumpkin patch 163

It was a really terrific day.

pumpkin patch 123

With really terrific friends.

pumpkin patch 180

(I think Peter would even admit it!)

1 comment:

  1. I do love Bauman Farms...it's seriously so much fun! We always go a couple of times each fall and it's true they have all the good old school stuff to do. I LOVE your photo's especially the slingshot...great angle on that one!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.