Skunks!

The other day, Soren and I were walking down the driveway to get the mail. We could see a person laying perfectly flat in the ditch across the street, their face pressed into the pipe that goes under the neighbor's driveway.

Hm.

We went to investigate and found that our neighbor had discovered an abandoned litter of skunks living there. She called the animal rescue people who came out to catch them.

Did you know that baby skunks don't have teeth and don't have the ability to spray yet? I didn't know that, but once they told me that we actually crossed the road to check it out better.

430

The rescue people were working on getting the little skunks out of the pipe, but it wasn't an easy task. Especially since their pole wasn't quite long enough. This called for Peter to the rescue! He came out with his enormous expandable pole. With that and a big wad of rolled up t-shirts they were able to scoot the little guys out of the pipe.

434

Aren't they cute?!

440

5 comments:

  1. Sure, they tricked you and told you, "Yeah. . . baby skunks don't bite OR spray. . .wanna see?" I don't think I'll be sitting next to you at bookclub tonight. You may smell funny. They are cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. How cute. If only they stayed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think skunks (big and little) are cute. Also, I think God must really love them (and porcupines too) because he gave them the best defense mechanisms in the animal kingdom. Who needs 'fight or flight' when you can clear a room with one spray?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come it doesn't surprise me that Peter has a giant expandable pole in his arsenal of tools?!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.