Glad We Don't Swear in our House

Soren had a tantrum the other day. Fortunately (for my sanity) this doesn't happen often. But when it happens...watch out!

I don't even recall what exactly set it off. Something minor ususally, then he goes into time out where he gets really, really mad. When I checked back in a few minutes later he was completely worked up and angry. So, I left for awhile again.

On these tantrum occasions, like this particular day, he just gets madder and madder until he just can't really communicate anymore. So I leave him alone to calm down. By this time he had directed the anger entirely toward me.

The funny part - and believe me sometimes it is tough to find a funny part when he's such a beast - is that he was shouting at me from his timeout seat. Or rather, shouting about me since I wasn't sitting there to take it.

He really wanted to say something horrible to me. "You are a...a....a..." And here is where I am grateful that we don't swear at home. This saved me from a far worse ending to that sentence. Poor kid, you could almost hear the wheels of his mind spinning for the very worst thing he could call me. And it resulted in -

"You are a STINKY mama!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.....I am laughing out loud. It's certainly not funny at the time but c'mon...Stinky Mama? Ha! Can't wait to meet this kid, I feel I need to pay him for my everyday entertainment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe from all that running you've been doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny!!! When you are looking for a username for something you know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! He's good. BTW, it's not true. You're not stinky.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.