You Can Call Us the Bumpkins

True to form, Chicago O’Hare came through for us yesterday. We got bumped! In addition to getting the free tickets, it was actually kind of nice to take a break from flying. My flight from Stockholm was 9 hours so I wasn’t exactly in a hurry to jump back on another plane. United put us up in a hotel, gave us meal vouchers, first class seats on the next flight, and three free roundtrip tickets. Love it.

chicago 066

So, we dropped our bags at the hotel and grabbed a train to downtown Chicago.

chicago 124

It was a gorgeous, warm and sunny day so we went down to Navy Pier and played around. Soren of course found the train ride within about 3 minutes of getting there.

chicago 079

And we enjoyed playing with the trick mirrors.
chicago 108

chicago 091

chicago 088

This, by the way, is what I’d look like if I were a supermodel.

chicago 095

This morning we went back out to the airport and they were again asking for volunteers. I really needed to get to work today, but Soren and Peter volunteered. Right now it looks like they’ll get back home tonight…but who knows, if the trend continues it may be awhile before they get out of O’Hare.

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky! I love Chicago. Free tickets! Fantastic. I laughed out loud with your super model legs. Very fun. Plus...a night to yourself. Girl, put those bath toys away and enjoy that tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what long legs you have! I love the crazy mirror pics.

    I never cease to be impressed at your O'Hare lotto winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really need to go traveling with you sometime to figure out how you do that. Amazing. It is almost like you NEVER have to pay to go anywhere. No wonder your never home :D Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.