Swimming Lessons

Today was the first day of Soren's swimming lessons. He's taken "lessons" before, but those were with me in the pool with him and mostly entailed singing songs and splashing. I have to say that I prefer swimming lessons where I don't have to get wet!

0saturday morning 010a

Most of the class - and hence most of the pictures - was at or near the edge of the pool figuring out how to get in and out safely.

0saturday morning 018

Kids were at astonishingly different levels. One child, and I'm not exagerating, was in the pool for less than 12 seconds and spent the rest of the time screaming and crying at the edge. Another child was a little bobbing fish, dunking his head happily again and again.

0saturday morning 020a

Most of the kids, including Soren, were somewhere in between, tentatively holding on to the kick board, blowing bubbles in the water and generally just getting used to the whole idea of being in the water without mom or dad.

saturday morning 014

1 comment:

  1. Where are you taking lessons. I am so interested in getting Cal in swimming lessons before the pool opens this year. I would love to have him swimming before then.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.