Swimming With Dolphins

Soren took this photo:
While we were in Honduras, I had the awesome opportunity to swim with dolphins. We've been other places where you could do it, but either didn't have the time or the money. This time we made it a priority to have both! It was really awesome.

The first half hour we lined up and had a trainer introduce us to one of the dolphins. We could pet them, learn about them and see some of the things they could do and get our pictures taken with them.
But the standout experience was the second half of the event - where we actually got to go out and snorkel with them! It was incredible! There were times when I literally had 10 dolphins swirling around me checking me out. They were curious and would brush up against me. The trainer said that we should move around to keep their interest, so I'd dive down and swim around down below. The only frustrating part was running out of air. I'd come back up gasping, catch my breath and head down again.
The whole experience was definitely a highlight of the trip for me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Once again, I'm jealous of your fabulous life. I've been following the trip and the dolphins are the best part! Swimming with dolphins is definitely on my "bucket list"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They call him Flipper! Flipper! La da dee da!" That looks really fun!! Swimming with dolphins might make me forget my slight fear of the water. Great pics. Sorry for your photo overload. Overwhelming indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.