Sharing Time

Last year my dear book club friends introduced me to a local car wash where they wash and vaccum the inside of your car as well as the usual outside wash. Love it. Since then, I've become a regular customer.

My custom is to do a quick sweep through to pull out all the random things laying around on and under the seats before turning it over to them. I toss those things in the trunk so that they can have full access.

Well, today I came back to my car after it was finished. I saw a plastic container that they'd evidently pulled out from under the seat of the car. In it was the nastiest, grossest, moldiest stuff formerly known as pie. It has been in my car since we drove back from Thanksgiving at Peter's parents.

My first reaction was total embarrassment. Could I ever show my face at this car wash again after having been exposed as someone who would drive around with moldy pie in her car for two months?! But Soren took one look at it and exclaimed with glee "Mom, look it is decaving! Can I bring it to school for sharing time?!"

Gulp.

But yep, he did. I actually set aside some of the moldiest bits in a ziploc bag for him to bring to school. (We also clarified decaving vs decaying!)
I asked Peter to please let the teacher know that that stuff was coming into the classroom. Heaven forbid that the kids decide to open in for closer examination!

3 comments:

  1. Nasty!! I am just thoroughly impressed that Soren knew what "decaving" was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I feel so much better about some of the nastiness I've found lurking in my car now...

    Love that Soren wanted to take it to school!

    and by the way...it would tske a lot more than that for me to quit going to that wonderful little establishment

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAG! Serious. I hate mysterious plastic-ware situations. I've had them a time or two. Impressive vocabulary your little guy has!

    I'm sure the car wash people have seen way way worse.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.