Legos, Part II

Well, no one will be more surprised about this post than I am. As I noted, our first foray into Legos wasn't exactly a ton of fun. But some friends of mine (book club gals come through yet again) mentioned that their pre-school kids like Lego men. So, this weekend Soren and I went out in search of Lego men.

In our searching we found an enormous Lego set with all sorts of police and fire buildings, vehicles, and people. And the clincher - it was on sale!

We brought it home and dug in. It turns out that - with directions - I we love building with Legos! I won't admit how long it took me us to build these structures (you might get an idea by noting the things I intended to do but didn't get to because I was so busy with Legos - several loads of laundry, taking down the outside Christmas lights, cleaning up the kitchen, and picking up our bedroom.)

The fruits of my our labor:
I do have one remaining question though. Is it verboten to glue them all together when we are finished? I realize that Legos are all about impermanence and non-attachment. But dang, it just breaks my heart to come home to find wingless airplanes, and wheel-less motorcycles.

4 comments:

  1. you've caught the lego bug! So have I. I would laugh at how much time Dan and Luke would spend making trucks and buildings. But I find myself excited to put Riley to bed so Luke and I can get the legos out and build something. I built a motorhome today! Luke helped too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more comment...I think its safe to take the "baby bumper" off your coffee table now. I think Soren's past that stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super impressive! I have to admit Lego's are pretty fun. Here's where I run into trouble now though.

    We have collected several different sets now...and we've kept all the instructions to build all the various ships and jeeps and what have you...but I've gone and thrown all the pieces together in a big basket...and it's wayyy more difficult to follow the directions and actually build something when you have to sort through thousands of teeny tiny little pieces.

    I hear lego recommends storing by color, but that too seems to be a little more than my pea brain can handle.

    Just a word from the wise...I wish I would have stored everything by set...because now I'm hopelessly confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Arin. We (try) store them all by set in plastic containers. Works in theory, but not too well when they get out all the sets and dump them out.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.