The Legos Inventor was a Buddhist

Ah yes, impermanence and non-attachment. Grrr.

Yesterday when I came home from work I found a pile of Legos. A big pile. But the various piles were sort of recognizable since I have intimate knowledge of what it takes to build a motorcycle, police station, and fire station. I even recognized the parts of what was formerly a jet fighter.

Me: Soren, what happened?
Soren (with enormous glee): I smashed them!

Ok, I get it that Legos are designed to be built into many configurations. And that fact implies that each of those configurations will be eventually taken down and reconfigured. There was no super glue in the box. Clearly all Lego creations must die.

But, my creations?

So soon?

I'm not really sure what I thought was going to happen. Although my question - can I glue them together? - at the end of my last post kind of gives a clue to what I was hoping for. But, sheesh, I literally spent hours making those things! Is that supposed to be it? Just enjoy building things for the sake of building them? That can't really be the whole point of it, can it?LOL.

5 comments:

  1. Well they don't give out glue with puzzles, but yet you can find special puzzle glue at a good hobby store. Who knows there may be a legos glue as well! (Side note--I just did a quick google, and it seems as though there is quite the "to glue or not to glue" debate on legos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why the legos are for children. Kids have hours and hours of imagination time in their little bodies. Adults want to take the time make it perfect and keep it perfect. Sorry. I suggest you get a secret stash and keep it in your room. That way you can see your accomplishment and be happy....and not see King Kong take over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, Leslie. Boy, toys with a religious philosophy? What will they think of next? I want some of those Mormon Legos. They probably come with lots of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, legos. That's what happens. One time Chris and Colin spent forever building an elaborate zoo/dinosaur/farm extravaganza and Owen smashed it within an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee...hee love the saga! Jameson insists that all his "crations" get a place up high on a shelf in the playroom so little sis doesn't break them. He is fine if he chooses to break them though so maybe that's the unwritten lego rule: you build it...you can break it?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.