You Have Got to be Kidding Me!

Last night we finally got the promised warming temperatures. Such an optimistic drip, drip, drip sound outside. Lovely. Occasionally rumbling as a huge sheet of ice would go sliding down the roof. Ahhhh. I could almost taste the freedom...

And then, bam!, the temperature dropped 10 degrees this morning and it started snowing again! Seriously, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!
I had to get a shot of Peter's beloved plant hanging out in a lounge chair. Poor Peter was quite worried about all the damage the weight of the ice was causing to them. So, he did what he could to make them more comfortable.
So, no work again for me today. But that isn't the worst of it. We've been busy watching the local airport weather...but then tuning in to Chicago and Michigan airport weather - yikes! United is already offering to rebook anyone planning on flying through those areas Tuesday or Wednesday because they are now about to be hit by a big storm. Sigh. So we have rescheduled. We won't make it there in time for Christmas, but we'll stay a few days longer than we'd planned. Keeping my fingers crossed that Mother Nature doesn't derail this new plan!

3 comments:

  1. Hold on I need to clean the pop off my monitor......LOL! Oh poor Peter. That is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too laughed out loud at the picture of the plant and chair.

    Sorry to hear that your trip was delayed, but since you guys are the super traveling buffs, I know that you will find a way to work out a good deal or free ticket.

    Merry Christmas!

    -Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the flight cancelations. And I hope Peter's plants survive. So, it takes 2.5 hours of tv before a head will explode? Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.