The Willamette Queen

Sunday we went out for a ride on this awesome paddleboat, The Willamette Queen.

Soren even got a chance to drive!

We'd been talking the trip up all day, so it was particularly funny when we got to the dock and Soren turned around to run away! For some reason, seeing the captain totally scared him. He was fine once I told him that the captain was a very nice man. Oh yeah, and also once I picked him up and just carried him onto the boat!

They served hot chocolate on board which was really nice on such a chilly Fall afternoon. Of course, I was watching Soren so closely to be sure he didn't make a mess that I knocked over my own hot chocolate and made a huge mess all over my table and chair. Soren was quite disappointed in me. He said "Mama, that is not nice for those people who will have to clean it all up. You have to find them and apologize!" So weird when I hear my or Peter's words come back at me from the mouth of a 3 year old!

Unfortunately, the puddle on the table engulfed my camera. Ugg. It didn't get too messy, but some of the buttons seem to be a bit sticky now. Uh oh.

2 comments:

  1. OMJ, I almost spit out my soda reading Soren's lecture about the spill! I hope your camera is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been on the Willamette Queen before too and I totally see why the little man was a teeny bit afraid of the captain at first. Such a fun little activity! Hope your camera is ok...but if not...it's a great excuse to buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.