Update on Sausage

A funny update on Soren's first pet, his box elder bug which he named Sausage. After I first posted that, Sausage did actually live in that cup for a few days. He got to eat some fruits and have some water. Then one day Sausage disappeared. We didn't have a lid on the container, so it really was just a matter of time.

But, lo and behold, Soren found "him" (or another random box elder) a few days later and this time put him in a covered container.

Last night I asked Soren if he had taken anything for sharing time at school...
Soren: Yes, I took Sausage.
Me. Hm, oh, ok. Did the other children like him?
Soren: Yes. But he got away. So I left my container there so that he can climb back into it when he wants to.

Nice. I'm sure his teacher is thanking us profusely for setting free small bugs in her classroom.

Fare thee well, Sausage!

1 comment:

  1. With a name like Sausage, I'm sure he's become another bugs dinner by now.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.