It is All About the Build-up

Tomorrow is Christmas at our house. No, no need for you to check the date, or wonder if you are reading much later after I originally posted it. Tomorrow, December 24, 2008 is Christmas.

If you'll recall, we shifted Soren's birthday to meet our party schedule too, and since he really doesn't check the calendar regularly we feel quite confidant that we can slip this one by him. But you see, we really need Christmas. Really. We need Christmas to get here and we're not going to wait one more day. If we're all alone in our house on the hill, I figure we have the power to declare any holiday that we want. And then spend these house-bound days playing with ALL NEW TOYS! (Why didn't I think of this earlier?!)

So, tomorrow is Christmas.

And let me tell you, we are excited!

Today, we did a fabulous project in preparation for Christmas tomorrow. We made a book of The Night Before Christmas. We diligently colored, cut, and glued and stapled a wonderful creation. While we were making it we talked about how exciting this story was, how it was all about Santa Claus, and what a special story it was, and how thrilling it would be to read it. And you know what? It was! By the time we actually read it, there was such a legend attached to it that it could only be wonderful. We read it over and over. And Soren even requested it instead of the usual Thomas The Tank Engine bedtime story. And that really says something.

And then, the last game we played before bedtime - his request - was "Santa Claus." I had to pretend I was a boy sleeping. He was Santa Claus and he came in and filled my stocking for me. He loved it.

So, tomorrow at 6 a.m. sharp (yes, he's still abiding by the clock in his room) I expect to see a wide-eyed little boy climbing in my bed to ask if we can go check the stockings.

Christmas totally rocks.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.