Today is the Day, Too!

Not to diminish the historic nature of yesterday being "the day," I have to say that today is also the day in our house. Today is the day that all the Halloween candy in our house will be gone!
Soren has been getting small rations from his candy bounty ever since Halloween. After he eats a good meal I tell him that he can have one big piece or two small pieces of candy. And every single time, he chooses the small pieces. This is not about delayed gratification or saving the best for last. He truly thinks that two things, regardless of size, are better than one thing.

I find this particularly funny since what actually defines a great house for trick or treating is giving away full size candy bars. I still remember from my childhood talking about which neighborhoods would be best for scoring the full size treats.

I'm sure this is one of those developmental stages. Remember those comparisons where they'd show something really short but wide vs. something that was narrow and very tall so that you could determine which one had more? Soren will go for quantity vs. size every single time.

3 comments:

  1. Rations? What are rations? I just let my kids have candy for every meal until it's gone. Halloween only comes once a year. Do you want to be the coolest parents EVER? Start a tradition of a "Candy Dinner" every once in a while. Soren's friends will think everything you say or do is like a religious edict. Why? Because Soren gets CANDY for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I donated a net from "Nothing But Nets" in your name. Thanks for checking out my sister's blog and learning about malaria.

    Meghann

    ReplyDelete
  3. We give out full size candy bars every year for Halloween. When we moved here 6 years ago...we had only 25 kids come to our door. This year 168. I think they know which house to come too. It's kind of cool. Every year the number go up.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.