And There Was Much Rejoicing!

The bad news: Soren has a heck of a cold. Sniffly, sneezy, and coughy.
The good news: He's on the tail end of it AND it didn't turn into croup!

He had all the tell-tale signs on Friday, so I was prepared for a sleepless night that night. He coughed a bit, but slept soundly! Could it be? Could he really have finally outgrown the dreaded croup? I'm knocking on all wooden things near me hoping that I'm not jinxing him by writing about this, but it looks like we might be done with croup! Most estimates say that kids outgrow it around 3, but I've read other things that said some kids are prone to it much later than that. Please, please, let the shadow of croup be gone from our house forever!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! May Soren have healthy lungs forever. Doesn't he always get sick on a Friday? Actually, all kids do. Good luck for the rest of the cold season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ironic. Cal woke up with the worse case of croup that I have experienced in all of my kids. They have all had a barking seal-like cough before, but this put me over the top. I woke up to him by my bed gasping for air and crying. I of course freaked out which didn't make it any better. Luckily I had the inhaler right there, gave him a few puffs, put him in the shower with some hot steam and he finally calmed down and was breathing fine. He slept through the rest of the night. I know it is always worse at night so I don't know what tonight will bring. I almost called you cause I knew you were the expert on croup, but he seemed to be okay today and luckily did not end up with a fever. Wish us luck!!

    Also ironic is that the word verification I have to enter down below has the word "bark" in it. BARKSM Funny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendell totally lost me there for a second...but now I get it...the word verification at the bottom...aha!

    I'm totally knocking on wood with ya here too. Wouldn't that be great if you didn't have to deal with that anymore? We're hoping the same thing with the "childhood asthma thingy"...maybe this will be the year Jamo grows out of it too? Here's hoping it's a good year for everyone's lungs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.