The Oregon State Fair

Yippee! The Oregon State Fair started this weekend. We love that it lasts long enough to cover two whole weekends!Soren, of course, loves the rides...

He really liked having his own private canoe...
And all the tasty treats...
He really thought it was neccessary to wash off these model horses with handfuls of water from the fountain. He was trying to get the spots off this appaloosa!
Yum! Sweet corn with parmesan cheese!



The only thing I don't like about the fair is how expensive it is. Somehow I have in my mind that the fair should be good, cheap fun. But $10 admission for adults (at least it is free for Soren), $20 for 6 rides, and then whatever we spend on food...which really adds up quickly. Sigh. But I know we'll go at least one more time. I guess sometimes money can buy happiness!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more...By the time I get Dave and my kids (and sometimes their friends) in the gate and fed, I've already spent $100. But it's a once a year thing, I guess... and the only place I can get shaved ice and elephant ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there. We're going on Friday, and every year I wonder why I spend so much money for food that makes me fat, and making company with the carnies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the cost! We just went to the fair last weekend. We left Riley at home with a babysitter and had a blast, but when the night was over and the babysitter was paid it cost us over $50! It was worth it tho! It looks like your fair's alot healthier than ours. I couldn't find corn on the cob anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.